First and foremost, we want to thank everyone for their ongoing efforts to support our mission. As you know, our programs at Senior Services North Fulton are considered “essential services”, so it is very important we continue what we are doing to keep our clients food secure in these very uncertain times. We could not do it without all of our supporters and we are truly grateful to all of you.
As we have settled into our temporary “new normal”, we wanted to give an update on what we are doing at Senior Services North Fulton to continue to take care of our seniors in need:
- We are reinforcing all new CDC safety protocols with our staff, volunteers and clients.
- Our Meals on Wheels (MOW) and TOPS transportation programs are operational.
- Our senior center staff members are making weekly meal deliveries to our senior center participants while the centers remain closed.
- Pantry to You program volunteers will continue to deliver pantry items as normal, every two weeks.
- Pet food and pet supply deliveries will continue as normal, every month.
- Our Care Management team continues to check in with all of their clients by phone.
- Friendly Visitors are calling clients to offer words of reassurance.
We have had so many in the community contact us wanting to volunteer. Our focus is keeping our Meals on Wheels going without disruption, so on-boarding new volunteers has been put on hold. Our current volunteers have been amazing, sticking by us and often asking what more they can do. Now more than ever, we are so blessed and thankful for our volunteers!