Meals on Wheels
Our volunteers deliver nutritious meals Monday-Friday to the homes of older adults who have trouble preparing, accessing or affording food for themselves. For those who need weekend meals, two additional meals will be delivered on Friday and may be kept in the refrigerator and heated over the weekend. In addition, all seniors who receive Meals on Wheels will receive 3 “shelf stable meals” throughout the year, which are kept in their pantry for use on days when inclement weather makes it impossible for volunteers to deliver.
Meals can be ordered to fit a range of dietary needs:
- Healthy Balance – Contains approximately 650-700 calories, which includes the milk provided with each meal. This meal fits the needs of most seniors.
- Renal – For those with kidney disease. Cranberry juice is provided instead of milk.
- Vegetarian – Does not contain red meat, pork, fish, chicken or other animal meat products. This is not a Vegan meal.
- Mechanical Soft – Appropriate for those with mouth or neck issues. Food is easier to chew and less acidic.
The eligibility to receive Meals on Wheels is simple:
- You must be at least 60 years of age
- You must be a resident of Fulton County and reside in the one of the following cities: Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Milton, Mountain Park, Roswell or Sandy Springs
- You must either have a medical/physical limitation that makes it difficult to prepare meals, OR a financial need for obtaining appropriate daily nutrition