Georgann Smith began volunteering with Senior Services in 2014, after her Mom passed away. “I cared for her for many years, and I felt I had an understanding of how I could help seniors with caring support”, says Georgann. “It’s so important for seniors to stay in their homes and stay independent as long as possible, and I’m so glad that I can help them do that with meals, shopping assistance, companionship and friendship. I’ve established a deep bond with many of my clients and I treasure those relationships”.
In addition to Meals on Wheels, Georgann has been a Friendly Visitor, helped with Meals on Wheels for Pets, assisted with the Angel Tree Gift Program, and helped out with administrative projects in the office. She is also a huge help to us at our annual gala fundraiser. Thank you for all that you do Georgann!
We are so grateful to Georgann and all of our volunteers, for donating their time to improve the lives of our clients. Make your impact through one of our many volunteer opportunities.
Meals on Wheels
- Donate your lunch break to help others!
- Delivery routes available to meet your schedule! Routes available Monday through Friday at one of our five distribution locations – Alpharetta, Crabapple, Milton, Roswell and Sandy Springs
- Volunteers deliver meals to 5-12 households, between the hours of 11AM – 1PM. Each route takes 1-2 hours. Volunteers will have the same route each time so they truly become a friendly and familiar face to our clients!
- Drivers must be over the age of eighteen with a valid driver’s license
- Minimum commitment of six months of service
Meals on Wheels for Pets
- Volunteers deliver pet food to 4-5 households from our corporate office in Alpharetta
- Routes available in Alpharetta, Crabapple, Johns Creek, Milton, Mountain Park, Roswell and Sandy Springs
- Each route takes 2-2 ½ hours and is delivered once a month
- Volunteers are also needed for sorting and product pick up from the Humane Society and specialty pet food shops
- Too busy to commit to a regular route? Volunteers are also needed as substitutes on an as-needed basis
Pantry To You
- This wonderful partnership with North Fulton Community Charities’ Food Pantry allows us to further serve the needs of our clients who are unable to drive themselves to the food pantry
- Volunteers deliver essential grocery items to home-bound seniors on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month
- Orders are prepacked and ready for pick-up from the NFCC Food Pantry in Roswell
- Each route includes 2-3 deliveries and takes about 1 hour
- While at the client’s home, volunteers visit briefly and take the order for the next delivery
Friendly Visitor Program
- Volunteers are paired with older adults in need of companionship. For seniors who do not have family nearby, this truly becomes a special relationship that makes a dramatic difference in their lives
- Most volunteers visit once or twice a month for an hour or two, and can be scheduled at your convenience
- Friendly Visitors might occasionally take seniors to doctor appointments, do yard work, help with easy tasks, or simply just sit and visit
Senior Center Volunteers
- Volunteers are utilized Monday through Friday in our Senior Centers located in Alpharetta, Atlanta, Milton, Roswell and Sandy Springs
- Volunteers can enrich the Senior Center experience by sharing time, talent and life experience. Center managers welcome office assistance, lunch support, and help leading special interest classes such as exercise, art, dance, crafts, card games, music, etc….
Office and Staff Support
- We welcome office work and phone assistance volunteers, special event committee members and others to support our staff toward fulfilling our mission. We’d love to have you help us at our corporate office!
Group or Corporate Volunteers
- Groups and companies may volunteer for a day of service for a senior, host a party or volunteer at our senior centers, sponsor a special needs drive, assist with our Angel Tree Holiday gift program, or sponsor one of our annual fundraisers.
Angel Tree Giving Program
- Volunteers help fulfill older adults’ wishes at the holidays. The holidays can be a lonely time for many of our seniors, especially those who live alone. The Angel Tree Giving program helps lift their spirits. Seniors submit a wish list, which organizations, students, and volunteers fulfill.
If you’re interested in joining our incredible team of Senior Services North Fulton Volunteers, download and fill out the following forms to get started. Forms can be mailed to our office: 11381 Southbridge Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30022, or emailed to – email@example.com
- Volunteer Manual
- Volunteer Application
- Volunteer Release from Liability Form
- Volunteer Background Check Release Form
- Group Volunteer Agreement Form
Call our office for more information on volunteer opportunities.
(770) 993-1906 Ext. 230